Your rights as a patient with regards to complaints/grievances and your safety:
We want to do our best to provide you with excellent care and services. We are all dedicated to meeting your needs, keeping you safe, and making your stay with us as comfortable as possible.
Should we fail to meet your expectations or if you are dissatisfied with your care, Raleigh Orthopaedic Surgery Center (ROSC) has procedures in place to help you communicate your concerns and get them resolved.
Federal and State laws also give you specific rights with regard to filing grievances and complaints regarding your care and service at ROSC.
The most important thing you can do is let us know about your concerns right away.
Any of our staff members will do his/her best to help. If our staff member is unable to meet your needs, please ask to speak with a manager. Let them know exactly what the problem is and how they can help.
If you are still not satisfied, you may file a grievance. You may file an internal grievance (with ROSC) by contacting the Director at 919-719-3080 or in writing Director- Raleigh Orthopaedic Surgery Center 3001 Edwards Mill Road #100, Raleigh, NC 27612. After filing a grievance you may expect an acknowledgement of the grievance and a written response within 30 days to include:
- The name of a contact person
- The decision of the Surgery Center
- The steps taken to investigate your grievance
- The results of the grievance
- Any changes implemented resulting from investigation for Quality improvement
In the event you wish to contact a regulatory agency please contact:
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS)
- Division of Health Service Regulation (DHSR)
- Complaint Intake Unit (CIU)
- Division Contact: Rita Horton
- Complaint Hotline: 1-800-624-3004 (within N.C.) or 919-855-4500
- Complaint Hotline Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. weekdays, except holidays.
- Fax: 919-715-7724
- Mailing Address: 2711 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-2711
The following link is for the Office of the Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman: